Waterloo Manufacturing Software technical consultants and consulting partners provide a number of pre-sale and post-sale services for TACTIC. These services are meant to help you both asses the technology and to get ever-increasing value from its use.
Pre-sale Services help you assess the benefits and risks of Advanced Planning and Scheduling technology before purchase.
Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software Seminar
The Waterloo Manufacturing Software Advanced Planning and Scheduling seminar provides you the opportunity to quickly assess the potential of the technology for your operations.
The seminar reviews Advanced Planning and Scheduling:
- Typical problems addressed
- Quantifiable benefits achieved
- Organizational change required
- Data needs
- Implementation project plans
Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software Workshop
The Waterloo Manufacturing Software Advanced Planning and Scheduling workshop is delivered by a Waterloo Manufacturing Software consultant or partner. The Workshop shows you and your management team how TACTIC can be used to help solve your specific business problems using a set of your actual business data.
Workshop steps include:
- Interviewing stakeholders, current schedulers, and potential TACTIC users to understand your current problems, goals and objectives, existing planning and scheduling methods, and data availability.
- Obtaining a sample of your data appropriate for planning and scheduling.
- Using your data set to build and test a prototype TACTIC scheduling model.
- Demonstrating TACTIC using the prototype scheduling model. Showing how TACTIC can be used in day-to-day operation to address your problems and to achieve your goals and objectives.
- Creating and presenting a data plan which identifies data inflows necessary to support TACTIC on an ongoing basis as well as data outflows to your other systems.
- Creating and presenting a customized preliminary TACTIC implementation plan.
- Proposing how TACTIC might be best configured in your environment.
- Developing a justification for TACTIC at your company.
Support services help ensure you achieve continuing value from TACTIC after purchase. They include:
Waterloo Manufacturing Software and its partners offer a wide range of customer specific, on-site or off-site Consulting Services. While customers can often implement TACTIC without on-site assistance, Consulting Services can help speed an initial TACTIC implementation and extend the scope of an existing TACTIC implementation.
Typical consulting tasks might include help:
- Developing or refining a TACTIC implementation plan
- Drafting a plan to provide TACTIC data
- Specifying, creating, and / or debugging integrations with other software systems
- Creating custom TACTIC reports
- Developing custom TACTIC scheduling rules
- Writing documentation including procedures for day-to-day TACTIC use
Waterloo Manufacturing Software offers both general and application specific training for TACTIC. The courses provide hands-on education about the application, use and management of TACTIC’s planning and scheduling features. The courses are specifically designed for manufacturing planning and scheduling professionals who will be using, or directly supporting, TACTIC. Training can help new TACTIC users, users needing to refresh their TACTIC skills, or users wanting to extend their use of TACTIC’s features.
General training uses representative manufacturing data and problems. This course can be conducted at your site or at other facilities. While a course outline is typically used, the content of this course can vary somewhat to fit the specific planning and scheduling needs of the attendees.
Application specific training is conducted using your actual or simulated company data, and is directed to your specific manufacturing problems. This course is most often conducted at your site and is frequently a step in a TACTIC implementation plan.
Waterloo Manufacturing Software offers telephone support through the annual TACTIC maintenance program. Telephone support is often used to provide immediate answers to specific TACTIC installation, implementation, and application questions. New TACTIC users may use this service as they become familiar with applying TACTIC to their problems. More experienced TACTIC users may use this service as they apply TACTIC in unique ways.
Remote Operation Support
Waterloo Manufacturing Software offers remote operation support through on-line collaboration software tools. These software tools allow Waterloo Manufacturing Software consultants to both demonstrate software concepts on their computers, or to operate the TACTIC system on your computers remotely. Remote Operation Support maybe offered in conjunction with Telephone Support, or as a mechanism to deliver Consulting Services in a timelier or more cost effective manner.
Enhancing the capabilities of TACTIC and its documentation is an ongoing activity. Software enhancements are released periodically as updated versions of the software. Documentation enhancements are released periodically as updated versions of the user's manual. Enhancements are available to registered users as part of the TACTIC Software Maintenance program. In addition, authorized new users can download the software and documentation for new installations. Product Enhancements are accessed via the Login section of the Waterloo Manufacturing Software website.